Saturday, May 25, 2013

Another party

Today I had a birthday party for my babies.  My son turned 4, my daughter is turning 2.  Isn't it amazing how the hours in the day drag on seemingly never-ending some days but then one night you look back and realize a whole year has passed again.  365 precious days in the memory books.  So many things happen in one little year.  There's times I wish I had a pensieve (from Harry Potter) to store all my memories in and look back at them any time I wanted.  How much my kids have changed in just this one year.

My Bug.  You're 4 years old now.  You are such a challenge.  I feel like we are from different planets some days but I love who you are.  I love being your mom.  Yes there are days where I wish you would stop talking but I can't imagine going just one day without hearing your little voice.  I know you are going to keep challenging my point of view, keep arguing your reason and keep right on using your logic and I know it's going to be great.  Your mind works in amazing ways and I can't wait to see where it takes you.  You're so sharp and have a memory that astounds me.  Right now you are still between my little boy and a big kid, but I know when you start pre-school this fall you will grow up a lot.  While I'm ready for this it will also be sad to see you take that jump.  You are momma's boy now and I hope you always will be, even if someday you tell me to stop singing nighttime songs to you.

Baby girl, you are 2 (almost).  Two!  It doesn't even seem possible.  You are my baby, but you're getting so big and so independent.  I hear 'no me' from you all day.  You don't want me to help you anymore, you're bold and fearless and ready to take on the world.  I am so proud of the way you stand up for yourself, you are going to be one strong woman.  But please, just be my baby girl a little bit longer.  Let me cherish the mornings where you come wondering down the hall in your tiny nightgown dragging your blankie for just a little longer.  Thank you for giving me the best hugs and then saying 'more ug'

No comments:

Post a Comment